Well Log Digitization
Well Log Digitization and conversion is one of the leading technologies we utilize as it comprises the data backbone in petroleum industry. By using well log data the user may be able to calculate: Shale volume (Vsh), Water saturation (Sw), Porosity (φ), Permeability (k), Elasticity (σ,Al,Sl,etc.), reflectivity coefficient(R) etc. We focus on delivering powerful access to your data, so that you can focus on your core business. We make your process cost effective by handling this section of work. Our mission is to provide top quality services to our clients using the most efficient & responsive customer oriented approach. Our cost is so competitive, no matter if you contact us for a single well or for data in bulk.
- We have the geo-technical expertise to convert all hardcopy and analog images of well log to industry standard interpretation ready electronic vector format.
- We accept any standard color, GRAYS-CALES, B&W, TIFF, JPEG, PDF, BMP for conversion, even warped and stretched images are digitized.
- Qualified Log Analysts & Expertise deliver the digital data in standard LIS, LAS(1.2 and 2.0 version), BIT, DLIS, ASCII, Tabbed Delimited ASCII, PETRA ASCII Well data, Auto Cad DXF, GCS, DXF File, LAS no Null, Plot Def. File, RIS View Plot & LBS formats after verifying accuracy of all data.
- Using these Generation Parameters, curves are traced- Standard interpolation Gap (ft)-2.0 & Standard interpolation Gap (meter)-15 are taken.
- Null Gap Value- -9999 in (meter and ft)
Depth Grid Tolerance (%) 25.0 in (meter and ft).
Sampling Rate is usually taken (.5) for ft jobs and (.1525) for meter jobs.
(All the parameters can be changed as per requirements).
- At R. S. Data, all Western (Schlumberger, Halliburton, Dresser Atlas, RAIS etc.) Ancient and Russian Log are digitized.
- All kind of wells are taken with offshore, onshore and work station ready specifications (WSR).
DENSITY LOG: Compensated Neutron Formation Density (CNFD ,CNLD,CND)- CALIPER-CALX/CALI, CAL1, CAY/CAL2, HCAL, DC,C1,C2, Density-RHOB, HD, HDMI, HDMY, POS, PDS, POL, PDL, POD, Density/PE log(photo electric), Density porosity (DPHI), Neutron porosity (NPHI), Density Correction(DCOR,ZCOR). Pulsed neutron log (TDT, PDK logs), Activation GST, ECS, RST logs, Neutron magnetic logs, Gamma Ray (GR), Spontaneous Potential (SP).
RESISTIVITY LOG : Induction log/IND, Lateral log, Array log, Electric log, Azimuth /DLL- ID, IM, FR, AIT 10-Shallow125, AIT 20-Shallow, AIT30-Medium, AIT60-DEEP, AIT90-DEEP, SN, LN, LT, NN, LLS, LLD, MFR/RXOZ, IL, AT/AF, AO, Micro Resistivity (DB1, DB1A, DB2, DB2A, DB3, DB3A, DB4, DB4A), GR and SP.
SONIC LOG: BHCS, Dipole, Full wave sonic log- DT/AU, DTCO, PR, DT4S, DTSM,DT4P, DTSH, DTRP, DTXX, Sonic slowness logs, GR and SP.
Mechanical, Hydraulic and engineering parameters are taken: Depth, ROP (Rate of penetration), RPM, WOB, Torque, Drilling Mud parameters, T-Gas etc.
NON STANDARD LOG:
Measurement While Drilling (MWD), Logging While Drilling LWD,
Formation Evaluation While Drilling(FEWD)
MWD/LWD LOG, CDR LOG, Proximity log, Temperature, Gamma Ray Spectroscopy log, Natural Gamma RAY- HFK 719, HTHO, HURA, HCGR HSRR.
Micro lateral log- RLA1 220, RLA2 220, RLA3 220, RLA4, RLA5,
MICRO LOG- NO2, MCAL, IN.
LATERAL LOG- AO 8” (LT 08), AO 18” (LT 18).
Dual spacing thermal or Neutron decay time log- GR, TPHI, SIGM, RATI (TRAI).
Sample list of Well Log Scales:
English 1”=100ft, 2”=200ft, 2.5”=100ft, 5”=100ft, 10”=100ft, 25”=100ft, 60”=100ft
Metric 1:10, 1:20, 1:48, 1:50, 1:100, 1:120, 1:200, 1:240, 1:480, 1:500, 1:600, 1:1000, 1:1200
A few curves and their standard units:-
R. S. Datum replaces a digitizer tablet. Sometimes it is necessary to extract data values from graphs, e.g. in most scientific publications only plots but no data values are published. Digitization makes it easy to actually get back numbers from such a plot, this is a step-by-step process wherein first of all analog images are imported and saved with the suitable extensions. Thereafter by using the latest internationally preferred digitizing systems, it is scaled and defined under the required axes, then digitized and out put is received in ASCII format that is LIS, LAS with different versions.
- Under the conversion from analog to digital, all specified curves are digitized – automatically and manually by setting requisite Generation Parameters.
- Input-Output: All standard scales (imperial/metric) are accepted in input files-1”, 2”, 2.5”, 5”, 6”, meter. 10” scales is taken on customers demand. Images in different colors and extensions e.g. TIFF, B/W, JPEG, BMP, are accepted and Output is delivered in LAS (2.0, 1.2 versions-CWLS LOG ASCII STANDARD - VERSION 2.000000) LIS (Obsolete now) ASCII, PETRA ASCII, LBS etc. formats
- Multiple back-ups including, Linear, Hybrid, LINX, Logarithmic and Reciprocal scales can be used. Neuralog tracing tool works on unlimited back-up scales, automatically patching together the different sections of curve for streamlined curve output.
- All wire line and non standard log- Micro, Litho logs, Dipmeter and Gas logs are included.
- Accuracy checking function shows the percentage of accuracy for each curve separately.
Tracing of Curves:
- Interactive Curve Editing with immediate resume tracing.
- Highlighting of traced curve for immediate feedback.
- Solid and dashed curve tracers to account for curve crossings.
- Built in grid model to account for curves crossing the grid.
Appended and Spliced LAS files:
Our digitizing solution provides the option of merging multiple runs of the same curve within a log into one LAS file. In addition, curves from multiple files may be appended into a single LAS report or any ASCII format. Separate LAS file for each curve in a log can be produced too.
Warped & Stretched Image:
Warped and poor image files are corrected and produced quality log images and digital data.
Our Quality Control activity goes through different stages as our expertise and log analysts use comprehensive set of tools which provide overall measure of quality score of data. It includes checks for Pixel Overlay, Spikes, Gaps and Depth Gridding for verification of LAS data overlay quickly. The LAS report summarizes your data to check for norms.
Digital Log Editing:
- System helps to compare the actual analog image with delivered digitalized file. It displays the log image and traced curves directly on your computer, providing immediate feedback—Point and Click interaction with the tracing tool.
- Error correction at any point in the tracing process.
- Customized LAS Curve Template
- Custom Back-up Scales for Amplified and Multi-Wrap Scales.
- LAS Curve Editing.
- Curve Arithmetic.
- Baseline Shifting.
- Depth Shifting.
- Appending LAS files.